Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer Solstice Parade

Today we experienced the greatness of the Summer Solstice Parade in Santa Barabara. I was told this is a "must do" event each year and they were right. We had the best time! Claudia was in town visiting and I can't think of a better guest to have join us for this arts event. We were all mesmerized by the extravagant floats, costumes, singing and dancing. Marley just sat back and enjoyed every minute of the 2 hour parade. I couldn't believe she lasted that long. However, she was wiped out when we got home and we couldn't get her to wake up. I'm thinking tonight might be a long night if she sleeps all evening!








My friend Terri put out chairs the day before and reserved our spots...THANK YOU Terri! I couldn't imagine standing the entire time, not to mention we had great seats right up front. It was so much fun hanging out with our new friends and spending time with Gran.



The weather was beautiful and even a little hot for Santa Barbara. It was just perfect. Can't wait for next year's event! Here are some more pics from that day.

My new friend Terri!

No comments:

Post a Comment